Friday 5 July 2013

Books, books and more books

I love books, I mean really adore them and have done since I was taught to read by an older cousin one rainy summer long before I started school. I knew there were others who were as enchanted by books and reading, and when I read this passage in The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon I knew I had found a true kindred spirit:-
" Every book, every volume has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it, and lived and dreamed with it. Everytime a book changes hands, everytime someone runs his eyes down its pages, it's spirit grows and strengthens."
Given my long term love affair with books I think they will probably take centre stage in my Etsy shop. The only problem I can foresee is actually being able to let them go, I may ask for references from a customer to make sure " my " books are going to a good home!

No comments:

Post a Comment